The new year is already well underway and it’s time to take a look at some energy saving ideas for your home or business. Encinos 3D Signs is proud to serve Tulsa with the best in neon and channel letter signs to make your business really stand out!
Here are 5 ways to really reduce your energy costs for 2018:
- Replace standard light bulbs with LEDs. LEDs not only give you better light, they use 90% less energy and last 20 times longer than incandescent bulbs…that is a life of more than three years if run 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Best of all, your energy savings is more than $50 over the life of just one bulb!
- Use a smart power strip. Did you know that electronic devices use electricity even when they are turned off? Plug energy draining devices, such as audio and video equipment into a smart power strip. Switch it off when not in use. This is a great way to save more money.
- Upgrade to a programmable thermostat. Programmable thermostats adjust the temperature automatically based on the schedule you set. It can reduce heating and cooling costs by an average of $100 a year.
- Wash clothes in cold water. Most of the energy used by washing machines comes from heating the hot water. By washing clothes with cold water, you can get them just as clean for a fraction of the cost.
- Buy Energy Star*. Looking to upgrade your appliances? Look for the Energy Star label. Energy Star appliances will save you energy and money all year long!
We love to help businesses succeed with great signage or even with helpful energy saving tips. Encinos 3D Custom Products is your one source for all of your business signs in Tulsa. Give us a call today!